BIG DATA & Bioinformatics
- Volume of the order of terabytes (1012) (TB), petabytes (1015) (PB) and even zettabytes (1021)
- Variety representing the non-uniform nature of the data
- Velocity representing the speed at which the data are generated and analysed.
Bioinformatics is a set of concepts and techniques required to interpret genetic (sequences) and structural(3D folding) data.
It is the decoding of “bio-information” – also known as Computational Biology or Bio-computing.
Bioinformatics is a theoretical branch of biology (Claverie).
Bio-computing also covers another field in biology called in silico, corresponding to modelling of the living and closer to the English term “bioinformatics”.
Data Visualization or DataViz is a generic term describing any technique which helps people to understand the meaning of the data placed in a visual context. Data visualization is part of data science.
Anaximandre is a specialist in both the data and the graphics, and can therefore put your data to its best use to obtain its best representation, and convey the most relevant information.
Data Visualization is an important stage in the process of data analysis.
Offer & Methods :
- Data analysis (format, sources, etc.)
- Collection and synchronization of data
- Definition of the representation of data according to the information required
- Dynamic representation of the data
- Implementation of interactivity
Part of Anaximandre’sbioinformatics or Big Datawork consists of extending scientific communication skills or participating in the research work of a collaborative or European project.
Anaximandre’s various specialties in Big Data / bioinformatics and datavisualization revolve around 5 skills:
- Molecular modelling and docking from PDB files
- Compilation of scientific data and extraction of relevant information
- Custom development of applications for biotechnologies and pharmaceutical laboratories
- Modelling of biological processes